Friday, August 1, 2014

3D Lashes!

Have any of you see (or tried) these 3D lashes available through Younique?  I keep seeing it pop up on my Facebook newsfeed or have friends inviting me to a "virtual party" where they are selling them.
I'm sure this special mascara is great and makes your lashes look long and full.  But I won't be using it. 

One. You kinda need eyelashes in order to enhance them.  I'm not going to use a product that makes the few lashes I have stand out more.  Cause if they stand out more- you know what else stands out more!?! The gaps. And I would look ridiculous.  I imagine I'd look something like this:
    Ha!
And you know what else... I'm finding more and more that products like this annoy me.  It's making average, normal, beautiful people think that they aren't good enough.  Like we need our lashes to look like the people on magazines.  Well, guess what- those aren't the models real lashes!  People don't actually look like that.  It's fake lashes, make-up applied by make-up artists and then edited to look even more "perfect."  Us, normal everyday people are not going to look like that.  We shouldn't compare ourselves to those edited, enhanced versions of the models in the magazines.

It annoys me that the average woman thinks their lashes aren't good enough.  Cause then, sheesh, my eyelashes are really really really not good enough.  BUT I AM GOOD ENOUGH!  It does not matter what my lashes look like.  More and more I wish people would just be themselves.  More and more I wish I could just be myself.  I haven't quite reached the point of going out and about without make-up. But I have been around my extended family more without make-up and not cared.  Even when my family went camping last week, I went without make-up for days around the campground.  And I jokingly told my husband, "You know what? No one gave me funny looks or said my lashes looked bad."  He just laughed.  It's true though- people really don't care about my lashes, brows or hair.  I'm judging myself waaaay harder than they are.

Okay, so this post isn't bashing the 3D lashes (I'm sure they're great- heck, try them out for yourself if you think they'd work for you).  I guess the product more just stirred up feelings in me.  I just wish people (including myself) would just realize that they are good enough and beautiful just they way they are.      

No comments:

Post a Comment