Saturday, June 2, 2012

This kinda of irked me.  I don't always get the chance to watch the Soup on E!, but I do think the show is pretty funny.  However, their recent post (and the comments from people) on their facebook page wasn't very funny.  At least I don't think those suffering from trichotillomania would find it funny.  Here's the picture- celebrities with their eyebrows removed.  If enough people "liked" this post their eyebrows would grow back.  

Here's a few of the things people were saying:
"ALIENS!!!!"
"Wow that's creepy!!"
"Amazing how someone looks vastly different after their eyebrows have been removed."
"Zombie apocalypse!  Thanks for the nightmares"
"Have you ever noticed that everyone looks like salamanders without eyebrows?"
"Ewwwww"
"nasty"
"never realized that brows really make a difference.  woooowww"
"SCARY"
"It's amazing how a LIL stretch of hair boost ur appearance so much..."
"Oh wow... that's amazing the difference eyebrows make... these are some of the most beautiful celebrities in the world and all of them are so uuuuuggggly..."
"That's so weird .  They all look so freaky."
"People look creepy without eyebrows!!!"
"O my gawd.  'Dis is ugly!"
"I wish I could unsee this."
"freakshow"

WOW!!!  No wonder so many people suffer alone, in silence, ashamed to tell anyone that they pull their hair.  I don't think my comment will do much, but I did add this to their post,"While others find this humorous, creepy, or ugly... there are MANY who have to look in the mirror everyday and see a face without eyebrows (hair).  For those suffering from trichotillomania- please check out https://www.facebook.com/trich.org and don't suffer alone."

1 comment:

  1. Someone already responded, "And of course, here come the better than thou stomping in on their high horse to ruin everyone's fun by trying to make them feel bad. Well these celebs don't have cancer or trichotillomania or whatever else, so to me, they are creepy and funny looking."

    I'm not going to respond and get into some argument... but maybe someone who is suffering alone will check out trich.org and not feel alone anymore.

    ReplyDelete