Thursday, June 14, 2012

"What beautiful eyes!"

What parent does LOVE when their children receive compliments?!  It's like a pat on the back- "Yeah, I made that!"  or "Yeah, I raised them well."  But there's one compliment that my children receive (often) and I hate it:
"What beautiful eyes!!" and "Look at those eyelashes; they're so long!"  Okay... I don't hate the compliment... I hate what comes after the compliment.  I hate when people then look at me to see if that's where they got their lashes from.  I cringe.  Please don't look at my lashes to see if they are as long as my children's.  They're not.  They're barely even there.  So the last thing I want is attention to my lashes... especially when they are comparing length.  I try my hardest to avoid eye contact, change the subject or probably do/say something awkward since I feel awkward.

I guess I need to get used to this (you think I would have after 5 years of people complimenting my babies and their baby blues).   

I guess I should look at their beautiful eyes as my goal, as inspiration.  Cause those beautiful long lashes did come from me... you just can't tell by looking at me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment