Friday, April 26, 2013

Guess what I saw today on the MSN's home page?!
The slideshow: "The itch that can't been scratched" can be in it's entirety here.  It included hair-pulling (trichotillomania), hair-eating, hair cutting (trichotemnomania), skin picking, nail biting, hand washing, excessive showering, excessive plastic surgery, obsessive tanning, and excessive tattooing and piercing.
Below are the screen captures of hair-pulling and hair-eating (click for larger image).
 I think it's GREAT that this is on the front of MSN- spreading more awareness!  And whenever I see something like this pop up- I try to jump on the opportunity to share about TLC in the comment section (in case there is someone suffering in silence) and share the story on facebook... keep spreading the word and hopefully helping somewhere out there realize that they are not alone! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link & for helping spread the word! I am trying to do the same!

    Up until a few years ago, I truly thought I was alone with my "weird habit" (I know so much more now)... it's wasn't a good feeling, and there are too many people who don't know that there are resources/fellow trichsters out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad you shared this! i never would have seen it!

    ReplyDelete