Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Smell of Burning Hair

I was mindlessly blowing drying my hair today (while glancing at my iPad here and there).  All the sudden I get a whiff of burnt hair.  You know that smell, right?  Yuck.  I didn't think much of it.  I just figured there was a loose hair that got into the blow dryer.  Later on while I was getting ready, I felt my hair... oh, my goodness, that doesn't feel right!  It was crinkly and fried... and short!  My hairline already has a bunch of little hairs (that don't always cooperate and lay flat).  But this new addition of short hairs is much worse.  They want to do nothing but stick straight up.  Immediately after I discovered I burnt my hair, I drowned it in leave-in-conditioner.  And later I looked in the mirror and noticed those hairs were all over the place.  So I tried to water it down- didn't work.  So now I have a little cluster of untameable spiky hair.  The texture is a little better now (after the conditioner), but it still doesn't feel quite right.  Which unfortunately just makes me want to pull it.  Which I know will just make it worse (I hate trich!).  I've already been growing more and more self conscience of the little hairs I already had... and I think this has put me over the edge.  I'm not feeling great.  To say I'm in a bad mood right now would be an understatement.
Looks much worse and obvious in person :(
    

No comments:

Post a Comment