Thursday, August 16, 2012

I've been meaning to write about my hair stylist- I love her!  I don't think she realizes how much she has done for me.  Prior to see her, I rarely got my hair done.  I dreaded it.  Every six months or so, I'd muster up enough courage to go to some random place, have a random person trim my hair, leave and hope to never see them again.  I was embarrassed.  The anxiety was awful.  And I felt like they were just staring at my damage.  On my list of things I hate- haircuts was near the very top!

Then I found out that someone I went to high school did hair... First she started cutting my kids' hair.  And eventually I got a enough guts to tell her about my trich.  She had actually heard of it and knew someone that had it.  Phew!  I was so relieved and actually excited.  I found someone who could style my hair and I would feel comfortable!  Not once have I felt anxious going to see her.  Not once have I thought that she's judging me.  I've felt... normal.  You know?  Like what most people feel like when they get their hair done.  And feeling normal is one of the greatest feelings! 

I figured she'd be my stylist for life- I mean, did she really have a choice? :)  Well... turns out she does.  She's having a baby this fall.  And I knew she'd obviously be taking time off, some sort of maternity leave.  But when she said her last day was in October- I didn't realize she meant her very last day.  She's done.... like done done.  

I'm... sad.  I don't know- not really sure what I'm feeling.  I guess that anxiousness is starting to come back cause I know that I now need to find a new person and explain my disorder.  I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that ever again (as open as I may seem- it's a lot easier on the computer than in person).

I'll keep you posted... hopefully in a few months you'll be reading a post about my new favorite stylist.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment