Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I think I have allergies.  Like I'm 99.99% sure that I have allergies.  And it's gotten to the point where I finally think I should see a doctor.  However, I don't have a family doctor (and haven't for years).  So I need to get a new doctor (actually I've already made an appointment with one).  Since I'll be a new patient, I won't just be there for my allergies, but also a new patient exam.  I know there'll be a bunch of medical history questions and opportunities for me to say, "And I have trichotillomania... I have for over 20 years."  I would like to just pretend I don't have it... not necessarily lie, just not mention it.  You know?!  But there's also a huge part of me that would like to just spit it out right away and be honest about it.  And really, what is there to be nervous about?!  He's a doctor!  He's seen it all I'm sure.  And it's his job to help people.  So as awkward as it may feel to have the words come out of my mouth- I know deep down that's it's nothing to be ashamed about.

*UPDATE: I did see my new family doctor, but I did not tell him that I had trich.  There really wasn't a need to tell him (at least not at this time).

No comments:

Post a Comment