Thursday, August 8, 2013

Gratitude

Years and years ago (like back in high school) I had a gratitude journal.  I think I got the idea from Oprah (my older sister Christina used to be a big Oprah fan).  I simply wrote down like 5 things a day that I was thankful for that day.  And I'm thinking I should do something like this again because...  
So I'm still deciding what I want to do exactly, but I might start a weekly post of what I'm grateful for.  And I'm hoping this attitude of gratitude will get me out of my funk, but more importantly... this is something I should be doing anyway.  God has blessed me and I want to give Him thanks for all that He has done.

So to start off... I'm going to sound cliché and say that I'm thankful for my family.  In regards to my trich, they are SO supportive.  They all know I have it and they all love me the same.  And even the little things like, my sister Kimberly posts about Trichotillomania Awareness Week on her facebook page and she bought me a spinner ring, my in-laws, parents and sisters donated money to the documentary Trichster... they support me and it means so much!  Some people suffer alone.  But I'm not alone- I'm supported and loved by my family.  And for that I am grateful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment