Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's all about the growth





I still haven't had another pull free day, but I need to be okay with that.  I came across this passage from You're Already Amazing by Holly Gerth about perfectionism vs. growth. Now, I know this book isn't about trich or anything like that, but the message can still apply here.  

This stuck out to me.  "Perfectionism is all or noting.  Growth is little by little."  Perfectionism would be to be pull free and never ever pull again (I think perfection might equal impossible).  But "growth is little by little."  Growth is having some pull free days here and there, it's being more aware and pulling less.  It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

"Perfectionism is all about the goal."  Perfectionism would be all about being pull free, having full lashes, brows, and no thin patches.  "Growth is about the journey."  Hmmm... that's what this blog is kinda about? 

If I try to be perfect.  I will fail.
If I try to grow... well... I'll grow.  That's something I can actually do.

* I haven't read this book but after reading the description on Amazon, it sounds like a good book to read:
"Women feel enormous pressure to be perfect. To have the perfect body, to be a perfect woman, to have the perfect career, and to have the perfect attitude. All the time. Under all that pressure and all those expectations are women carrying burdens they were never meant to carry and suppressing the dreams they were always meant to live.  In You're Already Amazing, popular blogger and co-founder of (in)courage helps women understand and embrace the fact that they don't need to do more, be more, and have more--because they're already amazing just the way God created them to be. As a licensed counselor and certified life coach, Holley knows what readers need to hear. Like a heart-to-heart talk over coffee, reading this joy-filled book encourages women to forget the lies and expectations the world feeds them, instead believing that God made them for a purpose and that he loves them right now, at this moment, and always. Holley takes readers on a journey of the heart to discover their strengths and embrace all God created them to be."

Source: getbusyliving.org via Laura on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment