Friday, April 13, 2012

"Making myself uglier"

In an Interview: Living with Trichotillomania, the urge to pull your hair out, one thing that "Izabella" said stuck out to me: "I felt disgusting, ugly, and the worst part was that I blamed myself for my ugliness... I’d scream at myself because I knew it was the truth – and I felt like I was making myself uglier, when I could become more beautiful."

I think that is one of the hardest things about this disorder... it effects your appearance. And you're the one doing it to yourself. I know I used to have great long lashes and now I don't... and I did it to myself. I am the reason why I don't like what I see in the mirror. I don't know how many times I wish I could trade my trich for someone else's illness or disorder... one that didn't make you ugly.

I need to change my thinking and remember:


No comments:

Post a Comment