Sunday, February 10, 2013

Does a bad hair day affect your well- being?  Well, according to the MSN article and their online poll- looks like most people say "yes."  
"The study, conducted by Proctor & Gamble, found that even the thought of a bad hair day made both men and women feel less intelligent. In addition, it was reported that men feel less self-confident and more nervous when they don’t like their hair, while women feel embarrassed and ashamed."  And this is just regular people having a bad hair day.  It's no wonder that those suffering from trich feel so much embarrassment and shame... everyday is a bad hair day! 

Amy L. Flowers, PhD, a psychologist with expertise in self-esteem and body image said, "you can't hate the way you look and still love yourself."  Wow!  Guess I need to learn to except what I see in the mirror (bare lashes, thinning brows, new growth sticking straight out of my head and all).  I may have trich for the rest of my life, but I don't need to hate the way I look for the rest of my life.  It's not good for myself... it's more damaging to myself than the act of pulling.  I need to learn to except what I look like (hair or not) and love myself either way!  Easier said than done for sure! 

Flowers also added, "we assume that others see us the way we see ourselves, so if we don't like a particular feature (like our hair), we assume that others find it repulsive, too.”  People don't see what I see.  How often I forget that!!  Although I have hardly any lashes, when I talk to people they say that they didn't notice.  I'm my worst critic.  It's something I need to change.  

No comments:

Post a Comment