Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Yesterday I lost all my beads.  Yesterday I lost one pesky lash.  Yesterday I spiraled down and lost many more lashes.  Yesterday I was in a bad mood.  Yesterday I was so frustrated.  And then... yesterday I heard about Moore, Oklahoma.  I don't normally stray from the topic of trich on this blog... but my troubles with trich yesterday seem so unimportant now.  Yesterday I didn't lose a child.  Yesterday I didn't lost my home.  Yesterday I didn't suffer the pain of losing everything.  
So today I'm...

4 comments:

  1. Crazy how it puts it into perspective, huh?? Thinking of you and them today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always going to be someone out there who's hurt is greater, who's stress is greater, who's loss is greater... but that doesn't mean your own hurt, stress or loss isn't real. We have the right to feel those feelings even if it's over "little things." But every once in awhile I think it's good to step back and think of others and realize, "hey, I don't have it so bad." And I think yesterday was one of those days for me... I can't complain because "things could be worse." I'm so blessed.

      Delete
  2. It is hard to step back sometimes. Kudos to you for being able to do that.

    PS. Sounds like we had the exact same type of pulling yesterday...we're all in this together girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can do this, Anna!! Monday was bad. Tuesday was much better. And today is pull-free so far.

      Delete