Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I've been lying to myself...

...and it's been working.  Lying, pretending, imagining... whatever you want to call it.  I've been telling myself that my hair is fine.  It's okay.  It's normal.  All my hair is nice and even, silky and smooth.  I've been telling myself that there are no course, thick, or kinky hairs.  There are no frail and thin hairs.  There are no short hairs sticking straight up.  There are no fly away hairs refusing to lay in place.  All the hairs on my head are just as they should be.

And why have I been lying?  Cause it's kept me from fishing for those bad hairs.  Although I know the truth... there probably is some hair that isn't quite right.  But when I'm imaging that they are all fine, I don't go looking for those hairs.  I'm just pretending that they aren't there.  It has honestly kept me from touching my hair.  Crazy, I know.  But it's working.     

2 comments:

  1. Hey, if it works keep doing it!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it's working for you! Mind over matter, kind of?

    ReplyDelete