Friday, May 3, 2013

The urge to pull my lashes and brows just hasn't been here these past few days.  So that hasn't been a challenge so far.  BUT... the mindless pulling from my scalp has been a challenge.  

I haven't pulled yet, but it hasn't been easy.  And I wouldn't even say I've had the "urge" to pull from my scalp... it's not like I even get urges there.  It's just what I do.  It's so thoughtless.  Like it gives me something to kill time with or something.  Kids are taking forever to get their shoes on- pull a hair.  Light just turned red at the intersection- pull a hair.  Hubby is fast-forwarding through commercials- pull a hair.  Thinking about what I'll type in my next sentence- pull a hair.  It's just what I do.  No strong urge.  No specific hair screaming at me to be pulled.  No tormenting going on in my brain.  I just do it whenever- not matter the feeling.  

So to avoid that pulling, I haven't even allowed myself to touch my hair.  A simple touch leads to searching for off hairs.  Maybe I'll just give it a tug... but it doesn't take much of a tug to lose a weak hair.  And before I know it I've unintentionally pulled a hair.  So I'm keeping my hands down cause just a touch would be too much.

3 comments:

  1. For me it depends....sometimes I pull mindlessly and other times I do it on purpose just to get that feeling of release. Like you, I need to keep my hands totally away from my hair. Have really wanted to pull the past day or so but I'm day 3 PF:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get you on the thoughtless part. That's been the most annoying thing for me. Good job on just keeping your hands down all together, definitely the way to go!

    ReplyDelete